Friday 2 December 2016

Friday 2/12/16 - Short Post No. 4 - This Week's Wristwatch.


Geez, my handwriting's sloppy. Man, that notepad was pretty cheap and crappy paper...First World problems. 

Work is still busy in the lead-up to Christmas. But that's cool. This shall pass, and it feels good to be getting things done. The watchmaker and I have made some changes here and there to the admin side of things. Repair forms and paperwork are now more streamlined and clear, with no wasted space on the page. I had been itching to make some changes to this aspect of my job, but every suggestion was shot down by my supervisor. Upper management has given me a little more autonomy recently, and meanwhile, the watchmaker was implementing his own admin strategies similar to those he utilised in a previous workshop. So basically, we now have a set-up that runs a little smoother. Still a work in progress, and small changes have been made as  we've moved along. It still needs tweaking here and there, but so far, it's a vast improvement on the old system. 

Took the metal bracelet off the Oris Diver Sixty-Five and put a cheap leather strap on it. It cost me ten Euro at the famed Sunday markets in Trastevere in Rome when I was there a couple of months ago. I'm still working on my post about that trip to Europe. I've only written about day one in Paris. That's gonna be a long post, thrill-seekers. 
Anyway, over the years, I've accumulated various bits and pieces and, looking through my spare parts box, I noticed that I had an Oris buckle in stainless steel. Sure, it had a few scuffs on it and it was still attached to the worn and tattered half of an old leather strap. 
So, a few minutes with the tools and onto my watch it went.


A small cup (or two) of Turkish coffee and a slice (or three) of Christmas pandoro cake. 
Sometimes, that's all you need. 

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment