Sunday 23 September 2012

Hey Cameron (Living In The Woods), I Might Have Something For Ya!






Geez, such poor grammar and spelling errors. I must have been tired when I wrote this.





Excuse the dust. I'll remove the old stick-tape and vacuum & wash the inside of the tray.





I'll be sure to give these a wipe-down with a damp cloth.





They appear to have been used, but look in pretty good condition.


All different fonts, as far as I can tell. Not sure if they'll fit your machine, but, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

E-mail your address or postage info if you'd like these, Cameron. They might as well go to somebody who'll use them for their intended purpose.
Although, I'd like to see a key-chopper try and hack these to pieces to make cufflinks.

5 comments:

  1. I will venture a guess that the elements will fit a II or III since there is a mix of 10 and 12 pitch. If what I have read is correct the I had a fixed pitch and the II and III had a selectable 10 or 12. I remember I could use 10 or 12 pitch on my Selectric-II I had in the 80s.

    That is a great idea you had to share this with the typosphere instead of just an email to Cameron. You display the true spirit of of helping others. I hope Cameron can use these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very generous! Things like this are why I love the Typosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! THANK YOU for this very generous offer!!

    **YES**, I would definitely like to have these type elements. They will fit my Selectric II, no problem.

    You just made my day!

    Would you at least let me pay the shipping charges?

    I look forward to using these new Selectric fonts in future typecasts.

    You can be sure that I will always treasure them, all-the-more special coming from a fellow Typospherian.

    Please contact me at kopfomatic@gmail.com and I will reply with my address.

    THANKS AGAIN!!!

    ==Cameron==



    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have a mixture of 88 and 96 character elements. The 88-character elements fit Selectric I and II. The 96-character elements fit the Selectric III. 96-character elements can be identified by the number "96" and yellow writing on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clark beat me to it. I was going to say those are for a iii. Neat story though.

    ReplyDelete