Monday 4 July 2011

Fossil Journal- Pretty, But of Little Substance. Yes, It's A Rant.

When I first decided to start this blog, I vowed to myself that I wouldn't get all pompous, pretentious or self-righteous. I didn't want it to be a soap-box where I would self-importantly vent my spleen on various issues. There are plenty of blogs where that's done better than I could do it. 
I wanted my blog to be light-hearted. I wanted it to be amusing and perhaps entertaining and informative. I wanted it to be a place where I could put all of my interests in the one place.
But I was looking for something on a bookshelf earlier today and noticed a leather journal that I'd purchased from Fossil a couple of years ago. It's a great stitched-leather affair with a wonderfully thick paper insert in it. And as I looked at it, I began to get mildly steamed.
"This needs a typecast", I thought to myself as I went to the typewriter trolley and lifted off the Imperial...




Such a shame, really. It's very nicely made and, like all good leather, it'll take on its own character as it ages.




Not my finest doodle, but then, it's not much worse than my best ones.



Anybody know where I can get journal inserts with these dimensions, I'd be most grateful.
Like I say, it's not life-or-death. It just ticks me off.


'Night, all.



2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you must rant, at least you ranted eloquently and entertainingly. Same deal with pocket sized filofax inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rob. And you were right about the Imperial GC5 having a fibreglass case.
    As for Filofax, I sort of expected it from them.

    ReplyDelete